Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Those demons? I slayed them.

Hiya!

It's been 2 good and proper years since I've written a blog, and  5 years since I spoke on the demons that haunted me when I turned 25.

Well...they're dead. Bloop!





A LOT has changed in 5 years, there are fragments of the 2011 Chunchi left lingering around but my mindset, work ethic and attitude towards life has taken a complete 180.

I realised not everyone around you wanted to see you outgrow them.
I learnt to stop letting others influence my decisions.
I understood that you should surround yourself with those who stimulate your growth.
I found out it's actually pretty easy for your boyfriend to get married without your knowledge.

Girl.....



At some point,specifically at the end of 2011, I found a career path that worked for me, something I could teach myself, pick up pointers here and there and just develop over time. I built myself up, I focused on me and me alone, I started thinking differently, everything was a challenge for me, everything was a test I needed to pass. This must be where my fear of failure really kicked into overdrive.

I no longer feel like a bum because I don't have a degree, I have accomplished so much and made a name for myself without a degree. It feels kinda good to answer a call and be told "I've seen your work and I need you on my team" but the Universe has blessed me to the point where I now have to turn down these opportunities because I am SWAMPED.

Looking back now, I can see my very obvious mistakes but I'm glad i made them because it built character, made me more focused, and hungry to do more and be more. I'm grateful for the people who stuck around or popped up along the way to encourage me and cheer me on. Looking forward to another 5 year.

Xoxo ChunchiMina

P.S. I'm still gonna get the damn paper, even though, it's just an accessory at this point.


1 comment: